RE: pid confusion and pstree (Attn: User's Guide maintainer)

Jason Pyeron wrote>
> I did read the man page for ps, first, before posting.
>
> I does not say that the cygwin pid will be changed to the
> windows pid for cygwin processes. It does indicate for
> windows processes the PID is the same as the WINPID and can
> be used in kill -f.

I am a Cygwin beginner too, so if this is not useful
to your discussion just ignore this message:

In my limited experience the PID and the WINPID are
always (?) the same for Cygwin processess INITIALLY.

After a HUP signal (kill -s HUP pid, my Cygwin process
(if it survives) will have the SAME PID but a new WinPID.

I use this fact to assure myself that I have succeeded
in the HUP to get Exim and other programs to reload their
configuration.

--
Herb