Re: Cygwin and NTFS Junction Points

Brian Dessent wrote:

You can't use a junction point to make a relative link, as you can with
symbolic links. That makes them significantly less useful.

But still a giant leap from setting up drive letters with subst, which used to be the only Windows way I know to introduce a layer of indirection in file naming.

As a user of junction points, outside of cygwin, I would label them symlinks to directories only that you have to remove with rmdir.

Stein