Re: bug report: abort in g++ 3.4.4 generated DLL & client

Stein Somers wrote:

Gerrit P. Haase wrote:

Do you mean the code compiled on the sane machine, where
the binary runs ok when compiled with the older binutils, is crashing
when simply copying the executable to another machine?

When copying the executable and dll, yes. That very same pair also crashes on the previously sane machine after it had its binutils upgraded. Unfortunately, I was too eager to try the upgrade to note the version it was upgraded from. The version was quite likely last upgraded at the end of June (but if gcc 3.4.4.1 wasn't out on cygwin yet then, that must be wrong).

I don't think that the behaviour of an executable depends on which version of binutils is installed. Runtime dependencies are: cygwin1.dll and nothing else.

Isn't it a cygwin problem then and not an issue which version of gcc or binutils
is used?

It would seem like the/some C++ runtime library is part of binutils, the

There is no runtime for C++, libstdc++ is static.
It is a Cygwin problem when running executables compiled with an older
version of cygwin fails. When I use the latest snapshot DLL the testcase crashes too.

I have not tried to build it with gcc-3.3.3, could someone with this
version handy build an executable and send it to me, please?

I'll do so.

Thanks.

-- =^..^=