Re: [bigloo] Setting up Emacs to work with Bigloo

On 7/21/05, Jeremy Shute <shutej@crazilocks.com> wrote:

> My figuring is: yes, you could install with all Microsoft tools and
> NTEmacs (and yes, that's the "ideal" way to go about it), but you can
> always postpone that after you've hacked a nice large codebase.
>
> You can always use Yannis' install right out of the box to build
> everything if you need commercial distribution.  For development,
> sticking to Cygwin may violate your morale, but hey.  It gets the job done.

Doesn't this open a whole new can of worms?

  * linking to windows libraries
  * environments
  * compilation management (makefiles on Cygwin and some script for Windows) ?

> I HAVE dropped in the free Microsoft compilers with a simple batch
> file.  See my web page (crazilocks.com) for details.  They're out of
> date, but something similar will work.

Thanks, although I have already gotten to the point where `bigloo
hello_world.scm` works (at a great expense of man-hours that could be
more useful elsewhere, I must say, and I had to give up on compiling
bigloo from sources)

> Remember that Bee makes little sense in the case of Windows-only
> environments, anyway.

The debugger doesn't work either?

> Windows doesn't have GNU Make.  (One of the best
> reasons to use Bee!!!)  If you're talking MinGW, maybe it's a different
> story.

For Bigloo programmers, what does MS Visual Studio IDE offer?