RE: man.conf missing after cygwin upgrade

> > I did the variation with "-l -c" to recreate /etc/passwd,
> because "-d"
> > would hang the shell.
>
> It doesn't hang, just takes very very long in large domains.  What you
> want is "mkpasswd -d -u YOURUSERNAME >> /etc/passwd".  Though
> I believe
> "mkpasswd -c" already does that without the need to query the domain.

Do I really *need* -d? On first setup of Cygwin, the whole Domain wasn't
searched either. I tried "-d" on mkgroup once (where it goes slightly
faster),
and it ended up with a group file of about 30000 entries!

> But don't do that if you have a large domain...  Unless you
> just want to
> leave it to complete overnight.

I don't think I want it. I just don't see what advantage it has. And,
after all, that information is outdated the next day anyway, because
there are continuously systems coming and going.

Ronald