RE: How to make DLLs in cygwin for MSVC and BCB

On Thu, 2005-06-23 at 18:18 +0100, Dave Korn wrote:
>   Sorry, but why isn't that 4k at the *TOP* of the stack?  It sure looks
> that way to me, unless cygwin stacks grow upward!

You're mixing the metaphors. :-)  The top of a stack is where you push
something down onto the stack.  The bottom of the stack is at the
other end.  There happens to be an implementation detail of stacks
growing downward in memory, so the bottom of the stack is at the top
of the memory allocated to the stack.  I always found that puzzling,
too...