Re: Exim 4.50 with Content filtering and SPF

Herb Martin wrote:

It looks mostly like IPv6 stuff is causing the glitches.

This is the problem with libspf2, making the IPv6 stuff conditional should do it, but I am not a programmer so I have not really an idea how to start, all the IP stuff is mixed together in several functions and it will be some work to do to divide it into IPv4 and IPv6.

Although I didn't look at this enough to even have
a right to an opinion, it occurred to me that SPF
really does need to be able to process an IPv6 format
address to calculate SPF correctly.

libspf does not require IPv6 to be present.

Perhaps just digging up the correct .h file or the
correct structure settings is the right way to go --
it's not like SPF actually sends any network data
other than querying DNS perhaps.

But when the SPF/txt record comes back from DNS it
might have 'mechanisms' such as ip6: within it and
thus the address format for IPv6 will follow.....

IPv6 is not supported with Cygwin, there are no headers.

http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#SHTDI

Gerrit -- =^..^=