Re: Bug in chere

Brian Dessen wrote:
>Jan Schormann wrote:
>> in my context menu on folders, I have WinZip, WinRar, WinCvs,
>> TortoiseSVN, WinAmp, Perforce, and WinMerge ...
>>
>> This is what WinAmp does and it looks rather simple:
 <snip example>

>I haven't been following this thread very closely (and I don't know what
>chere uses currently) but I use the following in association with
>sysinternals' contig.exe to make it possible to right click on any file
>or folder and have it run contig on it:

<snip>

Just to clarify:

The methods above are the same as what chere uses.

The particular request was to not to add a context menu to a given file type or
folder, but to add an item to the context menu which appears when you right
click the folder background (the menu with Arrange Icons, Lineup Icons and
Customise This Folder).

I didn't think it could be done, but Nils has identified a method to do this via
COM.

Thanks,

Dave.