Re: screen

>> Yes, the reattachment problem is now solved AFAICT, using Cygwin 1.5.17 or
>> later.  Most of it works just fine, but there's one problem that I haven't
>> solved yet:  when you detach a session, it stays bound to its parent
>> shell.  So if you then try to exit the parent shell, it hangs.  You can
>> terminate the parent shell, but then screen exits too.  Obviously this
>> takes away one of the big advantages of screen, which is the ability to
>> detach a session, leaving it running in the background, and then reattach
>> later from a different terminal.
>
> hmm I have not had that problem? I run rxvt's with bash and can exit all
> terminals leaving no bash process but screen lives on. I can then fire
> up another shell and re-connect to screen and any jobs it has running.
> (ie it works just like it should!)

Interesting.  Okay, I hadn't noticed this before, but the problem does
seem to be particular to the Cygwin console.  It doesn't occur with
rxvt.  Also, it doesn't occur in the Cygwin console if I start a
subshell first, and invoke screen from there.  Maybe useful to know.
Still, I do want to solve the problem before I release screen.