Re: screen

Andrew.Schulman wrote
-------------------

OK. I later changed the version number from 1 to 0test1, so the URLs for download are now

http://home.comcast.net/~andrex/cygwin/screen/screen-4.0.2-0test1.tar.bz2 (binary)
http://home.comcast.net/~andrex/cygwin/screen/screen-4.0.2-0test1-src.tar.bz2 (source)

Thank you for that.

Yes, the reattachment problem is now solved AFAICT, using Cygwin 1.5.17 or later. Most of it works just fine, but there's one problem that I haven't solved yet: when you detach a session, it stays bound to its parent shell. So if you then try to exit the parent shell, it hangs. You can terminate the parent shell, but then screen exits too. Obviously this takes away one of the big advantages of screen, which is the ability to detach a session, leaving it running in the background, and then reattach later from a different terminal.

hmm I have not had that problem? I run rxvt's with bash and can exit all terminals leaving no bash process but screen lives on. I can then fire up another shell and re-connect to screen and any jobs it has running. (ie it works just like it should!)

- Shaun