RE: how do I cite cygwin for academic publication?

Arturus Magi wrote:
> Also, as a note: submitting a masters project may still be considered
> distribution.  You may want to solicit advice from a legal authority,
> if possible.

Is it possible that we can give Peter some advice that doesn't
require contacting a lawyer? :-) How about this:

Peter, are you saying that your executables will never leave
your PC? Even if so, you may want to cover yourself by keeping
all of the sources, including the source to Cygwin, together
with the executables. It may even help you at some point in the
future. Personally, I'd download the source to everything that
I needed (e.g., Cygwin, GCC, etc.) and package the whole thing
so it can be easily stored and/or transferred to new media as
needed.

gsw