Re: Re: Error piping data through a cygwin command using rsh (write system call fail)

On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 23:55:46, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> Thanks for the testcase.  It took some time to reproduce it (actually
> the error occured with quite different result on my machine) and to track
> it down, but I think I have found the culprit, an uninitialized variable
> in the socket sendto/sendmsg code.  After having initialized it to 0, I'm
> now unable to get your example to fail.
> Or better: http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#WJFFM :-)
>
> Could you please try the next snapshot from http://cygwin.com/snapshots/
> to see if it solves the problem for you?

Hi Corinna.

I've just tried out the indicated snapshot of cygwin1.dll and it seems to
solve the problem! I haven't been able to reproduce the error with the new
snapshot and it was 100% persistent before. Case closed from my point
of view :-)

Thanks for quick assistance!

Best regards,
Soeren Hansen