Re: Problem with gcc 3.4.4-1 and -mno-cygwin switch

David Rothenberger wrote:

I ran Cygwin Setup today and noticed that gcc 3.4.4-1 had moved out of test, so I upgraded it. I then tried to build the cygwin DLL and utilites from CVS and ran into a problem compiling cygcheck.

g++: installation problem, cannot exec 'cc1plus': No such file or directory

I get the same error when compiling any program with the -mno-cygwin switch. I passed the -v switch to gcc and noticed it was invoking cc1plus without an absolute path, just "cc1plus ...."

Was gcc 3.4.4-1 intentionally moved out of test? Is this a known problem? I tried the latest mingw test packages but that didn't help. Do I need to do something else? Should this be taken up with the mingw group instead? Have I asked enough questions?

GCC 3.4.4 is new, 3.4.1 was the test release of the 3.4.x series, now it is time to move on. So 3.3.3 is the previous release now and 3.4.4 is current.

Gerrit -- =^..^=