Re: How to install perl modules?

Yes, use the CPAN module as Brian suggests. Just make sure environment variable PERLIO is unset when using -MCPAN, otherwise it will fail. (You might set this to CRLF for DOS compatibility purposes).
Also be aware that you may have trouble building some modules that use C code and have not been ported to Cygwin, mainly OS modules like WIN32. Straight Perl modules should just work out of the box, and CPAN will get all pre-requisites for you too. You'll never want ppm again!

Regards,
Jason

Brian Dessent wrote:

Manuel Tejada wrote:

Somebody can tell me from what URL I must to download
a perl module and how to install it in Cygwing?

You use CPAN. "perl -MCPAN -e 'install Foo::Bar'" or "perl -MCPAN -e
shell". There is no URL to know, it takes care of all of that. http://cpan.org/misc/cpan-faq.html

In pure Windows is easy is you have Perl from
ActiveState but Perl installed in Cygwin doesnt have
the ppm Manager.

To me (and perhaps others) that's a feature and not a bug. I can't stand that ppm junk.

Brian