permission and hosts.equiv

Hi all,

I read the faq, the ntsec section, asked on my system administrator
... but I cannot figure out why I cannot get what I would like.

Consider this

prompt # rsh ptxw09112
Password:
Last login: Wed May 25 10:23:35 from ptxw09247.<my domain>.fr
Fanfare!!!
You are successfully logged in to this server!!!
Bienvenue chrdelar
prompt - pc #

Then I filled the file /etc/hosts.equiv on the cygwin machine
ptxw09247
<EOF>

prompt # rsh ptxw09112
Last login: Wed May 25 10:24:03 from ptxw09247.<my domain>.fr
Fanfare!!!
You are successfully logged in to this server!!!
-bash: //pchomesrv02/Home$/chrdelar/.profile: Permission denied
prompt - pc #

The "Permission denied" comes I think from the permission. If I do a
"id -a" on each configuration. A lot of groups are missing in the second
form.

If I use a telnet connection, the affected rights are the same without
the hosts.equiv.

What's is going on ?

The fact is that I'd like to use rsh ...

The c:/cygwin/etc/hosts contains both ips
the files c:/cygwin/etc/hosts.{allow,deny} are inexistent.

Thank's for any help/suggestion.

--
Christophe Delarue

To find out more about Reuters Products and Services visit http://www.reuters.com/productinfo