Re: to cygdrive, or to not cygdrive!

Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please@cygwin.com> wrote in
20050524203613.GG3120@trixie.casa.cgf.cx:">news:20050524203613.GG3120@trixie.casa.cgf.cx:

> On Tue, May 24, 2005 at 08:19:19PM +0000, J. David Boyd wrote:
>>I have two windows xp pro machines.
>>
>>On one machine, my desktop at work, I can use a command line like:
>>cd /c/xfer
>>without needing cygdrive.
>>
>>On my laptop at home, I have to type in
>>cd /cygdrive/c/xfer
>>
>>I don't remember ever changing anything to allow my desktop to operate
>>the way it does.
>
> And, yet, you did.  /cygdrive is (obviously?) the default.

Oh, I have no doubts that I did.  I just don't remember what I did, or
when.  I've used cygwin on my desktop for 5 years or so, I guess, and
what tweaks I did way back are lost in the haze.

>>Any clues from anyone?  I would like my laptop to work the same way...
>
> "man mount" should be pretty useful in determining how to
> --change-[the]cygdrive-prefix .

Ah, thank you very much.  I can see a mount as /c for the c: drive, so
that must be what I did.  I'll make a note this time.

Have a great night, and thanks for the help.

Dave