From: cygwin-owner@cygwin.com [mailto:cygwin-owner@cygwin.com] On Behalf Of
René Berber
Sent: Friday, May 20, 2005 6:09 PM
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: CVS SSH connection timeout

Singh, Mahendra wrote:

> I have installed CYGWIN on my XP box.  I have also successfully setup
> CVS and added various projects to it.
> I am attempting to allow remote users access to my CVS respositiory.
> I do this by running the sshd server and allow users to connect via ssh.
> This was working fine a few days ago, but no, when users try to
> connect by specifying my Interenet IP, a connection refused occurs.
> I have confired that my firewall and router is allowing access to port 22.
> I am able to ssh to localhost.

So this proves that sshd is running.

> Anyone have any thoughts on why this is happening?

Windows XP firewall, most likely.

I had this problem, perhaps caused by testing stunnel, the solution was to
add
(again) sshd.exe to the list of exceptions in Winblows firewall settings.

Just as a note, I'm using port forwarding at my router since my computer is
behind NATP.

> Also, how can I create a group, assign users to that group and have
> that group be the owner of the CVS repository directories and files?
> I would like to try this to see if it would help. Thank you.

Just create the user and group under windows, re-run mkpasswd and mkgroup
(just append the new user and group), then configure cvs to use those
(usually in the repository passwd file).

Regards.
--
René Berber