RE: CPIO with solaris 9 flash archives

On Fri, 20 May 2005, Clemson, Chris wrote:

And just for the records, Solaris usually creates cpio
archives which are
compatible with Cygwin.  The output of file shows:

I just tried it, out of curiosity.  Both variations are readable by
GNU cpio.

hmm, it must just not like flar archives. thanks for checking it out.

Can you give the command that was used to create the flar ? I'll try and reproduce it.

chris

-- Peter A. Castro <doctor@fruitbat.org> or <Peter.Castro@oracle.com> "Cats are just autistic Dogs" -- Dr. Tony Attwood