RE: Please help us with a "make" command error

At Friday, May 20, 2005 3:01 PM, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Fri, May 20, 2005 at 02:56:04PM -0400, Lingzi Li wrote:
>> Dear Cygwin,
>>
>> We are trying to compile c codes with cygwin on WinXP by following
>> the steps below:
>>
>>   a) ./configure ( the results can be seen in the attached file)
>>   b) edit Makefile ( we edited all the created Makefiles as
>>   indicated in configure results ) c) make ( it reports error:
>> command not found )
>>
>> Could you help us how to move forward?
>
> You have to install make!  Run setup.exe again, and click on "Devel"
> when you get to "Select Packages".  Then select make.  If you are
> missing something this basic then you probably need to install gcc,
> too.
>
> cgf

After you install make and gcc (Chris displayed his powers of prescience!)
and re-run configure again, you probably run make without editing the
Makefile.  As I understand it, configure is creating a Makefile that is
adjusted for what is available on your system.

configure seemed to look for automake and autoconf, so you might want to
install those packages, too.  It should make make report some "yes"es where
it currently reports "no"s.