Windows Server 2003 inetd service keeps exiting

Windows .NET Server Ver 5.2 Build 3790
DLL version: 1.5.16
inetutils            1.3.2-29

I can get inetd to run and stay runing (as long as I have a bash session active) by running: /usr/sbin/inetd -d (bash session closes, I then open new bash session, inetd is active).

However I am unable to run inetd as a service. It will run for a few seconds (say 30) then it simply exits (according to the event log in windows). I have tried to install it as a service using: cygrunsrv -I inetd -n -p /usr/sbin/inetd.exe . It shows up in the Services control panel, and I can start/stop it. But again it will only run for about 30 secs.

Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance!!

Chuck