Re: postgresql and sockets

Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> On May  6 02:02, Krzysztof Duleba wrote:
> > 150       int issocket () const {return dev.devn == FH_UNIX;}
> > (gdb) n
> > 78                set_errno (EBADF);
> > (gdb) n
> > 79                return 0;
>
> Your debugging shows that my assumption was correct.  The file isn't
> recognized as socket anymore.  This was already shown by `cat' printing
> the contents of the socket file, though.  The problem is that we still
> don't know why, when and by which process the file is changed so that
> it's not recognized as socket anymore.  More debugging is required.
>
> You wrote that this happens after 10 minutes, regardless if the socket
> is used or not.  Does the output of `ls -l' on the file change after
> the 10 minutes?  What does `ls -l' on the file print anyway?

$ ls -l /tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432
srwxrwxrwx  1 SYSTEM Administratorzy 53 May  9 18:21 /tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432

$ sleep 600

$ ls -l /tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432
-rwxrwxrwx  1 SYSTEM Administratorzy 53 May  9 18:31 /tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432

I turned off all non-system apps except for cygserver and postgresql and
still the same.

How can I provide more debug info? Is it possible to check which processes
access or modify the socket file?

Regards
Krzysztof Duleba