win2k won't release SSH

The faq mentions a bug that win9x won't release.

I am observing this with win2k.

I am simply using SSH on the server end to run TightVNC through.  With the
Client disconnected and 'logoff' from the shell, SSH server remains
connected to the IP address of the client.

The interesting thing is that IP address is not showing as being connected
in the router logs.  SSH (server) shows a connection...with no data being
sent.

So for some reason SSH is not realizing that the connection has been
terminated.  Of course the problem is that without the SSH event being
terminated...I cannot start a second event.