Re: Best antivirus for cygwin? - was Norton antivirus and the Trojans

At 02:02 PM 5/3/2005, bob sandefur wrote:

Hi-

Apparently Norton antivirus is getting a false positive with rsync and wget.
I would really like to dump Norton AntiVirus but I have never found any AV
program to be very satisfactory.  I would like the following:
1. 64-bit compatible (if the drivers ever show up I will migrate to xp64)

Every one I've tried runs the same on 64-bit Windows, including current MacAfee ( except for none of the disasters like it provokes on 32 bits), and clamav (either the one inside cygwin or the separate one). AMD has been running radio ads around here claiming that you get better virus protection when running 32-bit AV on 32-bit Windows on a 64-bit machine. Some think they did it just to see if they could drive our management insane.

I don't know how you can see a false positive in with today's sober.p barrage.

Tim Prince