Re: CYGWIN sshd service could not be started

On Tue, May 03, 2005 at 04:01:56PM -0400, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
>On Tue, 3 May 2005, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>>On May 2 16:39, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>>I wonder if it would make sense to eliminate the "just for me" option
>>>from setup.exe and just present a screen if setup.exe is not able to
>>>install mount points for the whole system.
>>
>>Oh yes, please!
>
>This will affect people who install Cygwin on machines that already
>have an installation on it -- some people may *want* to choose "Just
>for me" intentionally (don't know how many of those there are --
>anyone?).  The main problem is that "Just for me" doesn't adequately
>express the possible caveats and limitations.  Renaming it to "Only one
>user without services" might help...

IMO, we shouldn't be changing anything in an existing installation.  In
fact, maybe all of the questions about root, "just for me", etc.  should
just disappear when installing over an existing installation, or maybe
there should be a screen that says "Using defaults from previous installation.
Use mount to change your directory layout.  See "man mount" for details."

However, regardless, I like the idea of changing the tag to "Only one
user without services".  Or maybe it should be "Only current user, without
services".

cgf