Re: side effects of Cygwin's maximum memory test

Dave Korn kirjoitti:
----Original Message----

From: Corinna Vinschen
Sent: 03 May 2005 10:06

On May 3 00:25, Utku Ozcan wrote:

I *think* that the test below, which tests memory allocation limit of
Cygwin *might* produce problems in Windows XP:

http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/cygwin-ug-net/setup-maxmem.html

In this page, I have compiled the C code, and after having run the
compiled executable, Windows XP gave suddenly a warning that virtual
memory setting has been changed (I think, that repeated malloc() calls
in this code somehow change the virtual memory settings in Windows
XP).

Not really.

Corinna

Interestingly enough, there _is_ some kind of problem here. I haven't been hit by any HD problem, but when I tried the test program, it gave me an ever-increasing series of values, and then suddenly stopped working altogether and wouldn't recover!

Interesting enough.. I get consistent 1536MB allocation. But some times maxmem freezes machine for a while... No leak detected..

Running Windows XP Pro SP 2 with AMD64, cygwin.dll 1.5.14-1

--

Jani Tiainen