cygrunsrv

Hi All...

In testing out my keychain service on a new XP system, I was thinking about all of the questions
that have shown up on the cygwin@... list in the past about launching a service from a user-id other than SYSTEM. And...I was wondering how you(s) felt about adding the ability for cygrunsrv to change user-id before running the target application.

Are there any negatives to doing it?

It seems that the security is no worse than having XP store passwords for the user-id's of the services.

Other than using OpenSSH as an example, is there any other guidance you would give?

Or...Corinna...if it is easy, is this something that you would consider adding?

Thanks,

...Karl