RE: findutils still broken

----Original Message----

  D'oh, yes, of course.  Right problem, wrong context.

> But, as usual, this speculation about what could possibly be going wrong
> is easily solved by just refraining from treating cygwin as a black box
> and looking at the sources.

  Well, that was my next step, but I'm off home for the evening.

dk@mace /artimi> cd /proc/registry
dk@mace /proc/registry> cd HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/
dk@mace /proc/registry/HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT> cd \*
dk@mace /proc/registry/HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/*> ls
AlwaysShowExt  InfoTip  OpenWithList  QuickTip  TileInfo  shellex
dk@mace /proc/registry/HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/*> cd InfoTip
bash: cd: InfoTip: Not a directory
dk@mace /proc/registry/HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/*> cd QuickTip
bash: cd: QuickTip: Not a directory
dk@mace /proc/registry/HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/*>
dk@mace /proc/registry/HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/*> cd ..
dk@mace /proc/registry/HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT> cd .386/
dk@mace /proc/registry/HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/.386> cd [TAB-TAB]
@                  PerceivedType      PersistentHandler
dk@mace /proc/registry/HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/.386> cd PersistentHandler/
dk@mace /proc/registry/HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/.386/PersistentHandler> ls
@
dk@mace /proc/registry/HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/.386/PersistentHandler> cat @
{098f2470-bae0-11cd-b579-08002b30bfeb} dk@mace
/proc/registry/HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/

  It does look as if there's a dll bug preventing it from changing into
subdirs when there's an asterisk in the path.  Dunno why it doesn't go on to
iterate the rest of the /proc tree, although if you try "find /proc -xdev"
it does enumerate more of the top-level.

    cheers,
      DaveK