Re: Cygwin 1.5.13 Vs. SETI@Home on Windows XP

>> I was having the same problem as Patrick Graebal (see Bash hangs, CTRL-C
>> required).  The cygwin shell was very slow to start, and executing
>> "bash --login -i -x" showed that the time consuming programs were the
>> same
>> (id -un, uname -s, etc.).
> I believe you're experiencing the same problem discussed in
> <http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2005-03/msg00159.html>.

I also use cygwin for managing seti work units (simple shell script alows to
compute 100 work units in off line mode). Trying latest (dated on
2005-Mar-16) snapshot solved problem partially. Starting a new cygwin shell
session is now quick - it does not matter if seti works or not. However
stoping shell script that runs seti still takes lots of seconds - I did not
observe such behaviuor with any released cygwin dll before 1.5.13-1. My
CYGWIN variable is set to:
CYGWIN=tty notitle glob notraverse

--
Greetings