RE: Trouble with NFS

> >   You want to start portmap with the '-F' flag - take a look
> > at the /bin/nfs-server-config script for an example.  If you
> > can back out your changes (uninstall portmap, etc. as services)
> > and run the nfs-server-config script, that should put you in
> > a working state (or at least, closer to a working state...)
> >
> I think I *did* use the -F option - I was following the directions in
> the nfs-server README.  In any case, I am now unable to get back to a
> clean state.  Running 'cygrunsrv -E portmap' comes back with the same
> message "Error stopping service &c.", and now portmap appears under
> Window Services with status "Stopping".  As I stated, uninstalling
> didn't work - setup reports nfs-server as not being installed, but
> portmap.exe still shows up in /usr/sbin (perhaps because it's
> in use?).

Uninstalling nfs-server wouldn't uninstall portmap - that's part
of the sunrpc package, not the nfs-server package.  You may need
to kill the portmap process in order to uninstall sunrpc properly,
if it's running and not responding to service control commands.

Once it's killed, if cygrunsrv can't remove the service entry, you
may need to excise it by hand (via regedit).

-Samrobb