Re: Whois and Afrinic.net

Joel Rubin wrote:

> I don't whether it would be feasible to put Afrinic IP's into
> *nix/cygwin whois or if it would be better to look for a referal in
> the ARIN/RIPE entry.

This is not the place to ask.  You should ask the upstream
author/maintainer(s) of the whois program (md <at> linux <dot> it),
because the whois in Cygwin is the same version that's used on other
*nixes, i.e. it's not Cygwin-specific.

http://directory.fsf.org/network/whois.html

That said it would appear that the Cygwin-packaged whois is several
versions older than the current version (and it doesn't use the proper
FHS dirs) so it wouldn't hurt to have a refresh.  The problem you're
talking about may be already fixed - you should check the release notes
for the upstream packages.

Brian