Re: cygwin bughunt (snapshot)

Christopher Faylor wrote (quotes rearranged wildly):
>If you are running your own version of bash, then all bets are off.

Just double-checked.  BASH_VERSION='2.05b.0(1)-release'.

I thought I was running 3.00 on Cygwin (I am on all other platforms),
but apparently I was just making an ass of myself on a public mailing
list (again?) stating that I was.  Well, actually, it's first real
embarassing now that I have to admit it.  Well, not "have to", but
anyway, there you have it.  *hum*.

>>Ok.  I was wrong.  It wasn't in the October archives and didn't
>>immediately see anything obvious.

>It is obviously too early for me to be sending email.

*laugh* :-D.
The cygwin list.  It's mean but it's funny =).

>>So, I looked in the archives for the release announcement for
>>the test version of bash-2.05b-17 and quickly found this:

>>http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2004-09/threads.html#00781

Thank you very much!

>I thought that bash-2.05b-17 was the current version but it is
>actually a test version designed to handle the problem that you are
>apparently describing.

Fixed?  Ooh!

I'm currently dancing around like an ogre with a brain disease over
the good news, but once I sober up I'll install it right away and let
the list know if it helps.  Might take a week or so, hope it won't be
a month like the last time.

Once again, thank you very much for your help so far.  Also goes to
the rest of you guys, of course.