Re: Unable to delete a number of directories...

At 05:20 PM 2/16/2005, you wrote:
On Wed, 16 Feb 2005, Evan Platt wrote:

> This is XP home, which I don't believe has folder ownership?

It does. What it doesn't have is the UI dialog to change it.

One way to change the ownership would be Cygwin's "chown" program, but, as
you've deleted most of Cygwin, that's not really an option.

Microsoft TechNet claims that
        If you are running Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, you must
        start the computer in safe mode, and then log on with an account
        that has Administrative rights to have access to the Security tab.

Thanks all.. that did the trick.. For the archives, I had to do a good number of subdirectories one by one.change my account to the owner, then give owner full access. 30 minutes later, it's gone....