sshd "ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host" until restarted

Cygwin:

I recently rebuilt my XP Pro SP2 workstation and re-installed Cygwin.  I noticed
that when the machine is booted, sshd is unresponsive until I manually stop and
restart it:

Administrator@p42800e:~$ date
Tue Feb  8 21:02:53 PST 2005
Administrator@p42800e:~$ ssh localhost
Administrator@p42800e:~$ cygcheck -s -v -r > cygcheck.out
Administrator@p42800e:~$ date
Tue Feb  8 21:04:01 PST 2005
Administrator@p42800e:~$ ssh localhost
Administrator@p42800e:~$ date
Tue Feb  8 21:11:45 PST 2005
Administrator@p42800e:~$ ssh localhost
Administrator@p42800e:~$ net stop sshd
The CYGWIN sshd service is stopping.
The CYGWIN sshd service was stopped successfully.

Administrator@p42800e:~$ net start sshd
The CYGWIN sshd service is starting.
The CYGWIN sshd service was started successfully.

Administrator@p42800e:~$ ssh localhost
Last login: Tue Feb  8 21:00:49 2005 from localhost
Administrator@p42800e:~$ exit
logout
Connection to localhost closed.
Administrator@p42800e:~$