Re: Changing root path from /ecos-c/ to /

Hi Larry,

Tried it again, and it worked this time. Had to restart the shell. Thanks for your help.

Shane.

Larry Hall wrote:
At 07:13 PM 2/8/2005, you wrote:

Hi Larry,

Well, I wish it were that simple. That command doesnt work - it needs the Win32 file system to basic utilities like ls, etc.

Huh? 'umount' is a command that doesn't rely on any other command. It's a separate executable. See 'man umount' for more details.

When eCos is installed, it somehow makes c: mount on /ecos-c, it previously was /. We're trying to find a way to put it back.

True enough. And technically since this is an issue with eCos, you will
really need to follow-up with them if 'umount' won't work for you for some reason and the docs I pointed you to don't help you either.

--
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office

-- Regards, Shane Tolmie (BEng. Elec. Hons.)

Managing Director
DesignREM Ltd.
Cell: +64(21)2977741
Phone: +64(3)3793012
Fax: +64(3)3660118
shane.tolmie@designrem.com
www.designrem.com

This email or attachments may contain confidential or legally privileged information intended for the sole use of the addressee(s). Any use, redistribution, disclosure, or reproduction of this message, except as intended, is prohibited. If you received this email in error, please notify the sender and remove all copies of the message, including any attachments. Thanks.