Re: perl winpid?

Gerrit P. Haase schrieb:
Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes wrote:
On Mon, Feb 07, 2005 at 02:17:32PM +0100, Reini Urban wrote:
Igor Pechtchanski schrieb:
On Sun, 6 Feb 2005, Reini Urban wrote:

I feel quite stupid now, but found nothing simple.
How to get the winpid from the current process in cygwin's perl?

We will check out there where this cygwin specific functionality
will go to.
Win32::Process::CygwinToWin32ProcessID() is my suggestion.

I'd rather see them in the Proc:: namespace, and I think it would make
sense to put them in perl's cygwin.c itself, if Gerrit is willing to
release yet another perl-5.8.6.  If this sounds OK, I'll come up with
a patch.

I have no problem with another release. And I agree that such important functions should go inside perl.

Ok.
Then we won't have to pollute the Win32::Process namespace with this cygwin-only functionality. And we don't have to wait for the still unmaintained libwin32 upstream.

README.cygwin, cygwin/cygwin.c:
=item cygwin32_winpid_to_pid($pid)

Returns the windows process ID for the given cygwin pid. cygwin-only.

=item cygwin32_pid_to_winpid($pid)

Returns the cygwin process ID for the given windows pid. cygwin-only.

Or as seperate Proc::Cygwin package, which could be maintained at CPAN and go to vendor_perl within gerrit's perl package?

  Proc::Cygwin::Win32ProcessID($pid)
  Proc::Cygwin::CygwinProcessID($winpid)

--
Reini Urban