possible for win32 links to work as cygwin links?

Forgive me if this has been covered somewhere, but I was
wondering if a setting could be added in CYGWIN, to process
"windows links" [.lnk] files as "cygwin" links.  Is this
possible?

It sure would be handy to have the linux utils like find
and readlink to work on win-links and run cleanup jobs on
one's system to search for "stale" link.

It is very useful to have cygwin links work in the 'win32 env,
it would be equally useful to have an option to have win32 links
work in cygwin [if it is doable and not too much bother...].

If there is already a way to turn this on, a clue-stick would be
appreciated...:-)

-linda