Re: Problem uninstalling/deleting cygwin

Neven Luetic wrote:

In the meantime I moved the directory away and I am able to install a new cygwin and remove it by deleting the directory. However I can not get rid of the old directory. Everything inside, that's a real file, can be deleted manually by setting the appropriate privileges - what remains are just the stale symbolic links and some symbolic links to Windows files like /etc/hosts to C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\etc\networks.

I'm curious. What happens if you open a Windows Explorer and attempt to delete the top level directory for this renegade Cygwin install?

--
...Every morning is the dawn of a new error...