Re: cygwin bughunt (FAQ alert?)

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 18:46:41 -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> This feels vaguely like I'm programming in Fortran again.
>
> It would be nice (tm, (C), etc.) if there was some way to put permanent
> anchors in the FAQ so that we wouldn't have to rely on renumbered
> sections.
>
> Isn't there any way to accomplish that?

Not that I know of with Texinfo, even the GNU Texinfo manual's HTML version
uses numbered anchors:

http://gnu.hands.com/manual/texinfo-4.0/html_chapter/texinfo_4.html#SEC35

I could do it with DocBook's FAQ stuff, as in this example:

http://www.miwie.org/docbook-dsssl-faq.html#COLOUREDLINKS

I'd kinda like to get everything in DocBook anyway.