a standard place to get cygwin

Once again I'm required to use cygwin.
Once again I'm having trouble.

I notice that when I download from different places, I get different
things included.  In particular, I just downloaded /installed from anl.gov and
told it to "install" all.  First time I open a cygwin window I notice a problem ...
it gives me two lines of telling me it can't find grep ... (this happens while
it's going through the stuff in profile.d).  I check /usr/bin and sure enough
there is no grep in there.  I do a find in the entire cygwin directory ... it's
nowhere to be found.  I try copying grep from a far previous version of cygwin
... doesn't work (some kind of missing DLL error).

This has happened previously on other installs and is among the primary
reasons I never use cygwin unless I'm forced into it.  I think if I could just
find 'the right site' that had everything in it ... one I could depend on to always
include the sensible stuff at least (grep, gawk, Image Magick, the standard stuff) ..
that this would be a much less irritating experience.  Does such a site exist?
Where is THE place from which to download cygwin?