Re: FileRunner under cygwin - simple compilation fails.

Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha <at> cs.nyu.edu> writes:

> Did you check whether tcl.h gets included?  If it is, it could be a bug in
> ext.c.

I ran gcc -E as you suggested but was not sure how to interpret
the results. Looking at it a bit more closely I think it is clear
that tcl.h _does_ get included:

After running the command "gcc -E ext.c -o ext.pre" and then
comparing ext.pre with tcl.h I think I can identify some of
the included bits, eg. the following:

---------------------------- tcl.h -------------------------------
/*
 * Procedure types defined by Tcl:
 */

typedef int (Tcl_AppInitProc) _ANSI_ARGS_((Tcl_Interp *interp));
typedef int (Tcl_AsyncProc) _ANSI_ARGS_((ClientData clientData,
	Tcl_Interp *interp, int code));
typedef void (Tcl_ChannelProc) _ANSI_ARGS_((ClientData clientData, int mask));
typedef void (Tcl_CloseProc) _ANSI_ARGS_((ClientData data));
typedef void (Tcl_CmdDeleteProc) _ANSI_ARGS_((ClientData clientData));
typedef int (Tcl_CmdProc) _ANSI_ARGS_((ClientData clientData,
	Tcl_Interp *interp, int argc, CONST84 char *argv[]));

---------------------------- ext.pre -------------------------------

typedef int (Tcl_AppInitProc) (Tcl_Interp *interp);
typedef int (Tcl_AsyncProc) (ClientData clientData, Tcl_Interp *interp,
   int code);

typedef void (Tcl_ChannelProc) (ClientData clientData, int mask);
typedef void (Tcl_CloseProc) (ClientData data);
typedef void (Tcl_CmdDeleteProc) (ClientData clientData);
typedef int (Tcl_CmdProc) (ClientData clientData, Tcl_Interp *interp,
   int argc, const char *argv[]);

> > It does seem to behave funny, refusing to enter certain directories, but
> > that I'll have to investigate separately.
>
> Perhaps related to the above warnings?

Don't know, but actually it only refuses to enter the
C:/cygwin/cygdrive directory, where the windows disks
are mounted. It is ok everywhere else.

mount
C:\cygwin\bin on /usr/bin type system (binmode)
C:\cygwin\lib on /usr/lib type system (binmode)
C:\cygwin on / type system (binmode)
c: on /cygdrive/c type user (binmode,noumount)
d: on /cygdrive/d type user (binmode,noumount)
g: on /cygdrive/g type user (binmode,noumount)
h: on /cygdrive/h type user (binmode,noumount)

I am a little surprised that FileRunner is working with
C:/ as its root directory. I would have preferred to have
it use the cygwin / root, and then access windows disks
over /cygdrive/c etc. but that's a minor point and it
still sort of works: "cd /" takes you to C:/cygwin.

Another funny thing is that cygwin symlinks come up
as filename.lnk, but they still seem to work as
expected when you click on them.

Cheers CV