python mysql

hi,
i'm trying to get a python program running under cygwin, that reads from a mysql
db.
problem is, it won't compile, gcc stops with something like 'undefined reference
to _mysql_errno"
has anybody had success in doing this? according to google, this seems to be a
*very* rare problem (only one poster, no response)

cheers

stefan

ps: can anybody hint me to a site for using windows through the command line
(starting settings dialogs, etc)?

--
My friend asked me if I wanted a frozen banana, I said "No, but I want a regular
banana later, so, Yeah."