Re: How do I get an old version of cygwin?

On Mon, 2005-01-17 at 15:11 -0800, James M. Rogers wrote:
> My company has a small program that we use to pull data from files on
> multiple OSes.
>
> We use the latest version of cygwin on our own internal computers to run
> under windows systems and this works fine.
>
> However, one of our clients has an old version of cygwin that uses the
> 1.5.4 DLL.  This is a DLL on a production box over which we have no
> control.  The client themselves just installs the product from another
> vendor and it just works.  This is not a full version of the cygwin
> install.  There are no build tools on this box.

Have you considered building a custom version of the latest Cygwin, and
putting it on their box in a different directory? Trying to solve this
sort of problem is unpopular on this list, but my initial research
suggests that changing the values of CYGWIN_VERSION_DLL_IDENTIFIER and
CYGWIN_INFO_CYGNUS_REGISTRY_NAME should do the job.

--
Adrian Cox <adrian@humboldt.co.uk>