Re: That alleged hyperthreading-related bug

On Mon, Jan 17, 2005 at 12:17:52PM -0800, Mark Geisert wrote:
>If you have by now identified the hardware/OSversion you need to
>reproduce the problem yourself, please let us know so we can stop
>annoying you.

I did ask for people to respond with hardware which shows the problem.

A simple response of "Dell Workstation PWS360 running WinXP SP1.  The
CPU is a 2.8Ghz Pentium 4, 800MHz FSB.  1GB RAM" was all that was
required.  I don't know why you felt the need to start a new thread to
discuss this or provide details beyond that.  When I get to the point
that I actually have a system which demonstrates the problem, I may ask
for further details.  Further debugging details by people who don't
understand cygwin code are worthless at this point.

FWIW, I'm about two or three hundred dollars from the goal:

http://cygwin.com/donations.html

Over the weekend added a link to the Cygwin/X donations page and added a
donations link to the left toolbar.  I'd be happy to add other donations
links for people who are active cygwin package maintainers, as well.

Maybe Gerrit or MaxB would be interested in privately sending me links?

cgf