Re: update on hyperthreading system for cgf

On Thu, 2005-01-13 at 19:58 -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> This is still pretty far off from the goal but I would still appreciate
> it if anyone could recommend a cheap system which demonstrates the
> problem.  So far, I don't recall anyone giving specific details about a
> name brand computer or a specific motherboard.  If I start getting names
> I can start doing research on the best place to purchase a system.

I just put together a machine with an Intel D865PERL motherboard and
3.0GHz P4 (1MB cache, 800MHz bus), PC3200 RAM on two banks. It shows the
bug within minutes when running XP Pro. The same machine runs the test
case for a very long time without incident under Windows 2000.

--
Adrian Cox <adrian@humboldt.co.uk>