Re: c++ exceptions in shared library results in crash

> Rainer Hochreiter wrote:
>> now my problem:
>> i created a main program and a shared library, both written in c++,
>> where
>> the source is parially taken from the "c++ dlopen mini howto".
>>
>> find the sources in the attachments!
>>
>> throwing an exception in the shared library results in a core dump of
>> the
>> binary executable - but only for the cross-compiled version!
>>
>> the native linux and cygwin compiled versions work.
>> so, could someone give me a hint, what's wrong with my cross-compiler?
>>
>> my cross-compiler (verson 3.2.3) runs under linux and creates cygwin
>> executables.
>
> Where did you get your cross-compiler?  It may have been poorly built.
> Alternately, maybe it's simply mismatched with the native Cygwin
> compiler; you might try using the same version of gcc as Cygwin uses.

i built the cross-compiler by my own, but would be pleased if there are
any cross-compilers publically available!

here the gcc versions i use:

[raho@pcraho linux]$ gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 3.2.2 20030222 (Red Hat Linux 3.2.2-5)

[raho@pcraho linux]$ /opt/cygwin-cross-gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/bin/gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 3.2.3

[raho@pcraho linux]$ /opt/cygwin-cross-gcc/bin/i686-pc-cygwin-gcc --version
i686-pc-cygwin-gcc (GCC) 3.2.3