Re: fortune maintainer wanted and question for Corinna (was Re: Obscene content in cygwin file.)

Gary R. Van Sickle wrote:
Gary R. Van Sickle wrote:
It's simple common sense.

In a world where McDonalds loses a bajillion-dollar lawsuit because its coffee is hot, common sense is a thing of the past my naive friend.

Actually, McDonald's lost that suit not because the idiot spilled it on her lap, but because the judge decided to do the Department of Health's job for them.

At the time, the styrofoam cups McDonald's used was not actually supposed to hold coffee at the temperature that McDonald's serves it at. In theory, the cups would melt semi-regularly if the customers didn't drink their coffee first, although I don't recall that ever actually happening.

The inspectors for the Dept. of Health apparently never warned McDonalds that they were (more or less willingly) endangering their customers, so the Judge decided to do it for them.