RE: Obscene content in cygwin file.

On 8 Jan 2005 at 1:37, Gary R. Van Sickle wrote:
[snip]
> > Why would you suggest that expressing a thought, however you
> > might disagree with it, should be illegal?
>
> For the silly reason that I happen to know that a lot of things related to
> Nazis or Hitler in Deutschland ungültig ist.  Ferinstance, check out the
> German aircraft in MS's Combat Flight Simulator - no swastikas, 'cause if
> there were, they couldn't fly in German airspace.

[snip]

I lived in Germany as a small boy and remember how the Germans tried to expunge what had happened.  Likely for good reasons but forgetting/suppressing history isn't good in the long run.

Fast forward to 1978, I'm at Peace Park in Hiroshima.  A young girl stops to ask us (group of off duty marines) why we bomb Hiroshima, we ask her, why you attack Pearl Harbor.  She blinks, and asks, what is "Pearl Harbor".

Incomplete history serves no one.

Wes