STLport on cygwin exception problem

All,
  In porting STLport (STLport_r50 from cvs) I've run
into a problem where a couple of the unit tests
involving
exception handling for out of range errors aren't
caught.  I've reduced one test case down to be
fairly minimal.  I've run the same version w/ the same
version of gcc on Linux and these same tests work.
I downloaded the 20050101-1 snapshot and it misbehaves
in a similar fashion.  I next tried Danny Smith's
dwarf2 patch to gcc to see if it was a sjlj problem;
still no improvement.  I've debugged it using gdb and
it seems that in unwinding the stack that the catch
of the exception fails (I'm not a c++ expert by any
means); so my diagnosis could be off.
  The allocation of the exception is successful; the
problem appears to be in Unwind_RaiseException.  No
handler is found before end of stack is detected.
The fs data structure in unwind.inc is a mystery to
me.  I'll keep digging; some how the catch has to
"register" some information in the context at the
higher level and then in the lower level when the
exception is thrown the unwind should find the
exception?

Any pointers or hints in debugging this problem would
be appreciated.

Bill