The tcsh manual vs tcsh initialization; fix for slow startup

1.
The tcsh manual states:
	onintr is ignored if the shell is running detached and in system
	startup files (see FILES), where interrupts are disabled anyway.

But:
	>grep onintr /etc/csh.cshrc
	onintr -
	  onintr

Is the manual incorrect or is the initialization file conceptually flawed?

2.
The tcsh manual also states:
	-f  The shell ignores ~/.tcshrc, and thus starts faster.

But -f also causes the shell to ignore /etc/csh.* and .login.  Is the
specification or the implementation at fault?

3.
On a Pentium I-level computer, tcsh takes an aggravatingly long time to
process the initialization files.  I found that commenting out the lines
that call
	source /etc/profile.d/complete.tcsh
in /etc/csh.cshrc (or deleting the file /etc/profile.d/complete.tcsh) sped
up this process dramatically.

Cheers
Michael