Re: Bug: Missing va_end() in cygwin_internal()

Dave Korn wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: cygwin-owner On Behalf Of Max Bowsher
Sent: 30 December 2004 19:05

Christopher Faylor wrote:
On Thu, Dec 30, 2004 at 05:59:02PM -0000, Max Bowsher wrote:
There is no va_end() call in cygwin_internal().

Or in functions from:

 bsdlib.cc
 fork.cc
 pinfo.cc
 strace.cc

The lack doesn't seem to be causing much of a problem...

Standards say va_end is required, but may be a noop in some implementations.

99.9% of all known implementations. I guess it might be an issue if one day
we want to port cygwin to run on Vax or somesuch....

I peered at the guts of gcc trying to work out whether that
was the case for cygwin, but got too lost to be sure.

AFAICS gcc supplies the mechanics to implement va_start and va_arg however
your architecture requires, but no way to define any functionality for va_end
at all.

Ah, found it. EXPAND_BUILTIN_VA_END was removed by

I guess that VAX port will be ok after all, since it's being a supported
architecture for gcc means that it must not need va_end....

I guess there's little point being picky in following the standard, given that evidence.

Thanks for the information!

Max.